The DuroStar DS4000S produces 3300 watts of continuous power which is enough to power most of your essential appliances. It is well built and also enclosed in a heavy duty steel frame.
This rugged workhorse is very good on fuel economy. The manufacturer claims you get 8-hours of runtime at ½ load. A lot of reviewers claim you get over 10-hours at ½ load.
It is also fitted with a circuit breaker to protect the generator from overload.
To reduce the engine noise a super quiet muffler is fitted with the generator. This reduces the noise of generator to 69dA. It can be used at campsites, jobsites and home as your primary back-up.
- Fuel gage installed
- Fuel efficient
- It ships with no oil
- Oil changing is daunting
These are some of the general tips you need consider when you buy this genset;
- Get a fuel stabilizer
- Periodically start the machine if it is going to be unused for a very long time
- Limitations of the genset; what it can and cannot run.
- Always test your newly bought generator out before there is an emergency or the actual time of using. In that you will be sure the machine works. If anything than that you can replace it before the warranty expires.
- Let generator run for a few minutes before plugging in any load
- Plug in all load starting with most intensive first
- Flip breaker to ON
- Buy the wheel kit
The DuroStar DS4000S is fitted with a 7.0-horsepower gasoline engine. This produces 3300 running watts and 4,000 peak watts.
The power panel features the main controls, including start switch, volt meter, and circuit breaker. It offers two 120-volt, 20-amp, 3-prong outlets (NEMA 5-20R) to supply power to all of your home appliances, plus one 120-volt, 30-amp outlet (NEMA L5-30) for high-powered tools.
This generator is ideal for camping, RVs, sporting events, job sites, home back-up and more.
RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY
This generator is enclosed in a heavy duty steel frame with four point fully isolated motor mounts for smooth and quiet operation. With a low-oil shutdown system the engine is prevented from any damage caused by low oil.
It is comes with a 4-gallon fuel tank that includes an easily readable gauge. At ½ load this generator has an 8-hour run-time.
The starting method of this generator is manual. Most reviewers say you are not going to go past two pulls for the generator to start up.
It is also fuel efficient. At 69dbA, the generator is not super quiet but it is ok to give your neighbors their peace of mind.
For easier transportation and movement we recommend that you buy the optional wheel kit. It will really make your life easier.
- POWERFUL DUROSTAR ENGINE: The DS4000s is Powered by a DuroStar 7.0 Hp, air cooled OHV engine w/low oil shutoff.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 4,000 starting watts and 3,300 running watts, this unit is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools.
- POWER PANEL: Includes a selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 2 120V household outlets and 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: The DS4000s is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
- FUEL TANK CAPACITY (GASOLINE): 3.96 GALLONS
It is a budget portable generator which can power most of your essential appliances in the home. Of course you are not going to get the extra benefits that come with the expensive ones, like very clean power. This is the best bet if you are on budget.