We chose this Dewalt DW735X Planer in the first place because this thickness planer offers you great features that you will use on a daily basis.
While buying a planer either offline or online, it is recommended to get a planer with an high rpm motor so that you can have increased productivity. That’s why we chose this planer in the first place because this 13 inch thickness planer offers you great features that you will need on a daily basis.
We recommend our buyers to purchase the planer on Amazon because that’s where most of the people prefer buying their most favourite products accessories. Another reason is that you will be able to take a look at the photos and reviews shared by other customers who have already bought the planer. This will give you an idea of what exactly the planer looks in reality compared to how it has been shown in the image shown on the website.
All of the features of this Dewalt DW735X are going to amaze you because it is a real tough beast that can plane all types of wood. It is powered with an incredible 15-Amp motor that has the ability to provide 20,000 RPM and a 10,000 RPM cutting speed which means you will be able to cut material like butter.
As we know, this Planer houses a three-knife cutter head, so it will give a 30% longer knife life which means you don’t have to replace your knives again and again after you’ve purchased the planer.
It also comes with a two-speed gearbox which allows you to smoothly alter the feed speed so that you can optimize cuts per inch at 96 CPI for dimensioning cuts or 179 CPI for finishing cuts.
The cast aluminum base of this planer is 19-3/4 inches which is almost two times better than a standard 10-inch base and folding tables.
This planer only weighs 92 pounds which means you can use it just about any place you like in your garage or on a job site.
While using a planer, some folks also face the problem of “Snipe” — the problem where the blade cuts deeper in the beginning and/or the end of the planing. You won’t see or come across this with the Dewalt DW735X Planer. Why? The Dewalt DW735x offers more stability and reduces movement and because the cutter head sits on four threaded posts – which reduces movement of the cutter heads. You don’t have to do anything manually to get that benefit.
The Dewalt DW735x Planer comes honed-in out of the box. The nice oversized hand wheel makes it very easy to make small and precise depth changes. Each full revolution of the wheel changes the depth by 1/16th of an inch, which enables the user to easily make depth changes to even a 1/64th of an inch with a only a quarter turn.
It comes with a handy Allen wrench to use for loosening the screws for the cover of the cutter head and blades. Blade changing on this model as compared to others is quite easy, especially considering that there is ample room inside the cutter head once the cover is removed. Also, the Allen wrench includes a couple of magnets on the handle for easy removal of the blades. That is a nice touch!
- Motor: 15-Amp, 20,000 RPM motor
- Cutter Head: 10,000 RPM
- Delivers 30% longer knife life
- Two Speed Gear Box
- Fast-assisted Chip Ejection
- Features both Infeed and Outfeed Tables
- Depth of Cut: 1/8 Inches
- Overall Weight: 92 Pounds
- Type: Stationary Planer
- Depth Capacity: 6 Inches
- No Load Speed: 20,000 (Motor)/10,000 (Cutter Head) RPM
- Width Capacity: 13 Inches
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Warranty: 3 Years Warranty
- Power Source: Corded (Electric)
- Reasonably Priced and Lightweight
Conclusion on the Dewalt DW735X Planer
The Dewalt DW735X Planer is a great piece of equipment if you are trying to get started in the carpentry or woodworking field.
This is the reason why Amazon has listed these Dewalt DW735X Planer Reviews are good and it is “Amazon’s Choice” because it is highly rated, plus, it is reasonably priced and will be shipped as soon as you place the order.
Now, it is also up to you whether you want to buy the Planer alone or get it with a Stand or Replaceable Knives.
Our Rating: 95/100
- Purchase includes one stationary 13" Planer, in/out feed tables with fasteners (attached to the base of the Planer base), extra blades and dust hose adapter. Stand is not included.
- Three knife cutter head of the thickness planer delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two-speed gear box of the wood planer allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chip off of the cutter head and exhausts them out of the machine
- 19-3/4-inch cast aluminum base is 2 times more rigid than a standard 10-inch base and folding tables
Last update on 2022-08-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API