Want to power your 13500 BTU RV air conditioners without a hassle and at the expense of a light weight portable inverter generator? Then the Yamaha ef2400ishc is the solution.
This generator provides a maximum ac output of 2400 watts and current of 20 amps. This enables the generator to start most high efficiency 13,500 btu AC units in temperatures up to 110° F.
This generator uses Pulse Width Modulation (PMW) to produce high- quality electricity which is comparable to your a/c outlets in your home.
This also makes it a wonderful power source for your microcomputer –controlled appliances.
- Very quiet
- Fuel gage installed
- Fuel efficient
- Clean power
- Well built
- Fuel cutoff switch
- 3 year warranty
- It ships with no oil
- Oil changing is daunting
- Can’t add external fuel tank
These are some of the general tips you need consider when you buy this genset;
- Get a fuel stabilizer
- Periodically start the machine if it is going to be unused for a very long time
- Tie unit down when in transport
- Limitations of the genset; what it can and cannot run.
- To deter thieves, buy a cable lock
- Always test your newly bought generator out before there is an emergency or the actual time of using. In that way you will be sure the machine works. If anything isn’t functional, you can replace it before the warranty expires.
- Always make sure the spark plug and air filter are serviced.
The Yamaha ef2400ishc has a rated AC output of 2000 watts. This gives you enough power at your disposal to power your most essential equipment.
To be specific, it will run most 13,500 btu RV air conditioners, microwave oven, convection ovens or the biggest hair blow dryer. It also produces clean power which is very good for your sensitive electronics.
RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY
It is fitted with OHV engine which comes with the benefit of improved efficiency and increased reliability. It has the longest emission engine durability ratings issued by the Environmental Protection Agency(EPA) and the California Air Resources Board(CARB).
The oil Watch Warning System prevents engine damage caused by low oil and provides peace of mind. The engine is fitted with cast iron cylinder liner to provide it with long life and consistent performance during continuous use.
The outside case is framed in aluminum as compared to the Honda which is in plastic.
It is very good on fuel economy due to the Smart Throttle Technology. It varies the engine speed based on load and max out at 3,400 rpm at full load (2400 watts). The Yamaha has a fuel shutoff switch with all the controls on one side of the machine and a visible fuel gauge. A 12 volt DC cable is included as standard equipment. This is to enable you charge RV, ATV, motorcycle, marine and automotive batteries. At ¼ rated load you will get 8.6 hours of continuous operation.
The noise level range of this generator is 53 – 60dBA and it just purrs at idle. Most reviewers say that this generator is quieter than 13500btu a/c unit except for when the compressor is first kicked on.
- Increased motor starting capability and improved air conditioner starting
- Provides power that is as clean, or cleaner than commercial power and adjusts the engine speed to precisely match the load
- Prevents engine damage caused by low oil, avoiding costly repairs and minimizing down time, adding customer confidence and peace of mind
- Improved efficiency, increased reliability, quieter operation and easy portability; Cast iron cylinder liner— Provides long engine life and consistent performance during continuous use
- Will run most 13,500 btu RV air conditioners, microwave/convection ovens, or even the biggest hair blow dryer
The Yamaha ef2400ishc is great product which will run most of your high efficiency 13500btu AC with extra juice for your other gadgets.
One downside is that the Yamaha ef2400ishc is not able to fit a remote fuel tank for extended runtime. In spite of all these, boaters, RVers, Campers and people who use it in the home for backup will never regret buying this machine.