We cannot deny the warmth, comfort, and bliss that comes from acquiring a good inverter generator. The Honda EU3000IS generator is another incredible inverter technology to own due to its many features, specifications, and how easy it is to maintain and handle.
In this review, we will get familiar with the features, specifications, accessories, the setup, and the pros and cons associated with it. We will also understand the differences that exist between it and other generators in the comparison section.
Hence without wasting any time, let’s move on to this Honda EU3000iS Review to know if it’s worth the money you’ll be spending on it.
Are you ready?
Let’s get started!
Honda EU3000iS Review
Compact Style – A compact design provides the Honda EU3000iS with a good look and enables its mobility. With this design, you can adequately manage and clean the body due to its metallic and rubber structure.
Rate of Power / Performance – the power supply of this brand is fit to operate many appliances at the same time; 13500 RV air conditioner, microwave oven, blender, television, and much more.
Quietness – The Honda EU3000iS makes no unnecessary noise that disturbs the neighbors. The super quiet feature related to the EU3000iS is a perfect one suitable for camping and other outdoor events.
Efficiency of the Fuel Tank – The Honda EU3000IS is exceptional for its efficient fuel tank. The Eco-Throttle System moderates the rate at which it consumes fuel. A filled fuel tank should last up to 20 hours, putting into consideration the number of running appliances.
Connect to Others for Operation – this inverter technology has outlets for extra connection with other generators. If you are interested in doubling the operation of the inverter, maybe because you have more gadgets to run, then the EU3000iS is designed perfectly for it.
The HONDA EU3000IS is designed with the following specifications:
- A GX200 compatible engine
- 3.4 gal. efficient fuel tank
- 12V – 12.0 A DC output battery charger
- 131 Ibs. weight
- 25.9″ x 17.6″ x 22.0″ length, breadth and height dimension
Also Read: Honda EU2200i Review
Before you begin to use the Honda EU3000iS generator, ensure to read the manual carefully because it helps you explore the myriad properties of this generator.
Well, take note of the instruction in the next paragraph for the effective use of the generator. This contributes to the details in the manual.
If you are interested in using the battery to start with the electric key, you must ensure it is charged. If it is the recoil, fill the fuel tank first before you draw the recoil rope. Do not use E85 or any other fuel containing more than 10% ethanol.
Pros & Cons of Honda EU3000iS
- Noise level which is not as loud as normal conversation
- Able to connect to another generator
- More than one starting methods
- 3-year warranty whether residential or commercial
- It does not come fuel quickly
- Heaviness – it could be very tiring when it comes to moving it.
- Fuel infiltration channel – there is an absence of a channel that will prevent the pouring of fuel on the body during over-floating
If critically compared to other existing generators, the Honda EU3000iS is a quality inverter. It has a super quiet noise, possesses more than one starting option – a recoil and an electric key.
It’s also possible to connect to another generator of its kind to double power output; and easy to maintain due to its steel frame.
The Honda EU3000iS engine is trustworthy and unequal to others’. It is standardized and fit to carry more appliances.
Even though, the Honda EU3000iS is a high quality inverter generator that will suffice all your needs; however, there are multitudes of other 3000W generators available at fraction of the cost of one from Honda.
Some high quality 3000W inverter generators are mentioned below:
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position Ignition Switch – Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot.Noise Level :59 dBA at 23 feet. Frequency 60 Hz
- Ultra-Quiet Operation – 59 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts with up to 7.5 hours run time on gasoline
- Clean Power for Sensitive Electronics – RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD) and 12V DC outlet with dual USB adapter
- Champion Support – Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb.Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb.Engine Speed : 3600 RPM. Spark Plug Gap : 0.7 - 0.8 mm (0.028 - 0.031 in).
- Extremely quiet operation minimizes noise;, EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Produces clean power to prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets and laptops
- 4500 Peak Watts and 3700 Rated Watts at Less Than 3% THD; Telescoping Handle; Gas Powered; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start
- Features a 5–20R 120V Duplex Household Outlet, an RV-Ready Tt-30R 30 Amp Outlet and Two USB Outlets – Great Choice for Travel Trailers or Home Use – Strong Enough to Run All Your Essentials
- Led Data Center: Rotating Digital Display Shows Fuel Level, Power Output, Remaining Run Time, Voltage Output, and Lifetime Hours
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: as Low as 52 dBA Noise Output and Up to 18 Hour Run Time on a 3. 4 Gallon Gas Tank – Features “Economy Mode” for Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed By 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage and Nationwide Customer Service Network
Frequently Asked Questions
How quiet is it when it’s operating?
The sound is super quiet. It is a moderate generator for any outdoor activities that require a serene environment. If compared to the previous model of generators, the noise dampening level of Honda EU3000iS is superb.
How long does it last if the fuel is properly filled?
It lasts for between 7.2 to 20 hours on a full tank, depending on the load. Interestingly, it does not consume so fast due to the Eco-Throttle System engineered into it. If the fuel tank is properly filled – which is not to be filled to the brim – it lasts overnight.
How heavy is it?
It is 133 pounds heavy. This is why you need assistance from a neighbor to help you remove it from the carton.
However, if you plan to move it around, make sure to get the All Terrian Wheel Kit for Honda EU3000IS
Is it possible to double the power output by connecting two generators?
Yes, it is possible. The Honda EU3000iS possesses a cable that is primarily created to wire or connect two generators to double the total power output.
This often a time could arise when you notice that a single generator cannot power some appliances simultaneously. If that be the case, you can resort to this method.
Does it come with an electric start?
Yes, it does. This electric start needs no fueling but just a charged battery to begin functioning. This is the purpose of the 12V – 12.0 A DC output battery charger accessory that comes with the Honda EU3000iS. Charge the battery and start the generator with the key switch.
Clearly, from all indications, there are plenty of features built into the Honda EU3000iS generator. With the couple of information, it shows how stress-free it is in operating the Honda EU3000iS; the noise does not stir a discomfort for those around it, and the features are exceptional.
However, it’s also important to get a generator under your budget, and competitors are mentioned above are a great options too!
Yet, if money is not a concern, and you just want a generator that offers the best bang for your buck, then Honda EU3000iS truly is the right choice.
Last update on 2023-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API