The Generac LP3250 portable generator gives you the benefit of easy to transport design. It uses liquid propane as its fuel source. It incorporates a tank holder on the frame itself. The tank holder can secure a 20 or 30lb LP tank unit. It eliminates the hassle of a stand-alone tank and the awkward fuel line that goes along with it.
It comes with covered outlets for added protection. The generator is protected from overload by it’s circuit breakers. It can be taken along for outdoor events, camping or job sites. It can also be used around the home as an emergency backup.
- Comes with oil
- Covered outlets
- No Stale gasoline or storage problems
- 5 outlets
- Wheel Kit included
- Fuel cutoff switch
- 3 year warranty
- Wheels could have been larger and pneumatic
- Pull start rope frays and breaks easily
- Oil changing is daunting
These are some of the general tips you need consider when you buy this genset;
- Periodically start the machine if it is going to be unused for a very long time
- Put choke to off position when it starts
- Limitations of the genset; what it can and cannot run.
- Always test your newly bought generator out before there is an emergency or the actual time of using. In that you will be sure the machine works. If anything than that you can replace it before the warranty expires.
The LP3250 supplies 3,750 maximum watts and also 3,250 as rated or running watts. The maximum power output is for start-up of devices. The rated power output of 3,250 watts is enough to run these essential appliances in the home; security systems, mini-fridges, and computers.
RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY
The Generac LP3250 is powered by a 212cc Overhead Valve (OHV) engine, which gives an improved efficiency and increased reliability. With low-oil shutdown system the engine is prevented from any damage caused by low oil level. It also features splash lubrication and a high-performance alternator, ensuring that operation of your electrical devices is efficient and smooth. It also comes with covered outlets for added protection from the environment.
The LP3250’s fuel tank holder is compatible with 20- and 30-pound LP fuel tanks (sold separately), and the tank connects to the generator via a conveniently located fuel line. A 20-pound tank provides up to 9 hours of runtime, comparable to the runtime of similar-sized portable gas-powered generators. The 9.5 inch wheel kit with dolly-style handle and low grab bar makes this generator easy to move this generator. The handle also locks down for compact storage.
Unfortunately, this model has been discontinued by Generac. Please take a look at the Generac GP3500iO model with a conversion kit instead if you want to use propane. It will provide just about the same power and efficiency.
- PowerRUSH Technology - Delivers over 50% more starting capacity-allowing you to do more with less
- Up to 50% quieter - ideal for noise sensitive environments/ up to 25% lighter - for improved portability
- True power technology - clean power for sensitive electronics
- RV ready - connect directly to RV to power most RV air conditioners up to 15, 000 BTU
- USB outlets and parallel ready - connect 2 units together for double the power
This generator has certain advantages over its gasoline counterparts. Propane unlike gasoline can be stored indefinitely without deterioration, and it can be safely transported without spillage. It emits low carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons and fewer toxic pollutants than gasoline, and it’s non-toxic and biodegradable. It is always readily available.There is no need to join long queues at a gas filling stations when the power goes out. Considering all these factors, this generator becomes a viable option. Click here to buy and also read more reviews on Amazon.com.
Last update on 2020-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API